Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Ghost of Wrong Exits & Turns
























Did I tell you about the first time?
It ran like a shiver of love
Running through all of my body
Until it was piercing light in my eyes.

Did I tell you about the second time?
It was like floating in a dream
Through darkness and light, 
Until it was a tearing thirst in my throat. 

Did I tell you about my tenth time?
It felt quite like the sun had run out
And winter and dark was all around,
Until it was time for the next time.

Did I tell you about the last time?
It was like a pain that promises to never cease,
Been burning in your muscles since the last time,
Until there was no breathing anymore. 

Did I tell you of the shadowy streets I wonder?
Amidst the dark and scary memories past,
A ghost of wrong exits and turns,
Until there is only waiting for the next birth.


No comments:

Post a Comment